VIRGINIA TECH RUNNING BACK n To say North Carolina is struggling against the run is an understatement. The Tar Heels gave up 220-plus yards in each of their last three games, putting them 113th out of 130 FBS teams in rush defense. North Carolina’s most recent opponents — Pittsburgh and Miami — averaged well over 6 yards per carry. Peoples was effective against Notre Dame, going for 64 yards, but Virginia Tech was forced into a pass-heavy attack so he only carried the ball nine times. The 5-foot-9, 222-pounder has 366 yards this season with five touchdowns. His standout performance this season was a 20-carry, 156-yard effort against Old Dominion. A similar performance on Saturday could help the Hokies get back on track. — Breakdowns by Mike Niziolek
- 5th, 6th District candidates meet in final debate in Lynchburg
- Trump overshadows event as Griffith, Flaccavento meet in final debate
- Judge rules Virginia's judiciary not subject to FOIA
- Virginia Tech ready to lean on Ricky Walker with Georgia Tech’s triple-option coming to town
- Redskins: Ex-Hokie Stroman gets the nod, does the job in secondary
Sign up to receive our daily newsletters and get special offers delivered right to your inbox.