VIRGINIA WIDE RECEIVER n Virginia coach Bronco Mendenhall described Joe Reed, a junior wide receiver and kickoff returner, as an “enigma” this week. Outside of a 44-yard touchdown reception against Louisville and a 43-yard kickoff return at N.C. State, Reed has not been the big-play threat the Cavaliers might have envisioned. The good news is that Reed is not injured, and his skills have not eroded. — Breakdowns by Doug Doughty
- Judge rules Virginia's judiciary not subject to FOIA
- Virginia Tech ready to lean on Ricky Walker with Georgia Tech’s triple-option coming to town
- Redskins: Ex-Hokie Stroman gets the nod, does the job in secondary
- Talk and movie screening at Roanoke College to call attention to rare genetic disorder XP
- Judge okays Christiansburg search that found 37 pounds of pot
Sign up to receive our daily newsletters and get special offers delivered right to your inbox.