A Saturday morning fire led to the displacement of seven residents from a home on the 100 block of Pechin Avenue SE, according to the Roanoke Fire-EMS.

The fire, which firefighters responded to at 11:23 a.m., was knocked down quickly, affording to a social media post from Roanoke Fire-EMS. The department said the fire was accidental and started due to the improper use of a space heater.

No injuries were reported. The American Red Cross, however, is assisting the seven residents, according to the fire department.

Get the day's top stories delivered to your inbox with our email newsletter.

Recommended for you

Load comments