...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM EDT THURSDAY...
* WHAT...NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH
* WHERE...ALONG AND WEST OF THE CREST OF THE BLUE RIDGE IN
SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA, NORTHWEST NORTH CAROLINA AND SOUTHEAST
* WHEN...FROM 5 PM TODAY TO 11 AM EDT THURSDAY.
* IMPACTS...GUSTY WINDS WILL BLOW AROUND UNSECURED OBJECTS,
INCLUDING ANY REMAINING SUMMERTIME ITEMS SUCH AS PATIO
FURNITURE. TREE LIMBS COULD BE BLOWN DOWN AND A FEW POWER
OUTAGES MAY RESULT. ISOLATED TREES MAY BE UPROOTED DUE TO
RECENT RAINFALL AS WELL.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES WILL BE SUSCEPTIBLE
TO THE WINDS, ESPECIALLY VEHICLES TRAVELING ALONG SOUTHWEST TO
NORTHEAST ORIENTED SECTIONS OF ROADWAY.
USE EXTRA CAUTION WHEN DRIVING, ESPECIALLY IF OPERATING A HIGH
PROFILE VEHICLE. SECURE OUTDOOR OBJECTS.
Photos: State investigates dripping chemicals at Rockbridge County sawmill
Virginia environmental regulators and the owner of a Rockbridge County sawmill are negotiating a solution to prevent chemicals used to impede mold and pests from dripping off lumber and potentially reaching a nearby creek.
Stephanie has worked full-time at the Roanoke Times as a photographer for 27 years. She freelances for national publications and has taught photography at Virginia Western Community College for a decade.