Show off your holiday lights and you could win an iPad! Enter your photo by December 13. Winner will be selected by popular vote.
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Gov. Bob McDonnell said this morning there's a lot he'd like to say about developments in the legal case involving his former chef but referred questions to prosecutors.
During a conference call from Japan, where he is on the final day of a trade mission, McDonnell said, "There's a lot that I'd like to say about that... but there's a pending criminal case, these are allegations made by a defendant in a criminal case.
"I believe that the prosecutors in that case will handle that case well and I'd refer any questions on that to them."
Todd Schneider, the former mansion chef who left after two years in March 2012, was indicted last month on four counts of felony embezzlement stemming from his service as chef for the McDonnells.
Schneider's attorneys asked this week for the state to provide information regarding any instances during which "state goods and resources" were "consumed, provided to, or taken by" McDonnell family members.
The motion, part of preparation for Schneider's trial scheduled this summer, also seeks documentation of any instances in which he was denied payment after providing catering services, or told to take food from the mansion for his personal company in lieu of payment.
On Wednesday, Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli's office filed a motion in Richmond Circuit Court asking to recuse itself from prosecuting Todd Schneider. But Schneider's lawyers later filed an objection to Cuccinelli's bid, arguing that the attorney general's recusal motion fails to contain "any information concerning the basis of the conflict of interest, including when the conflict developed and the nature of that conflict."
Weather JournalWarmth next 2 days hits icy wall