Warner Dalhouse will be the featured speaker at Roanoke College’s commencement.
Warner Dalhouse led Dominion Bank until
- Other college graduations
- Radford University: 10:30 a.m. May 10, speaker to be announced.
- Ferrum College: 10:30 a.m. May 10, 1982 alumnus and Army Brig. Gen. Burdett Thompson,deputy director for strategic planning and policy, U.S. Pacific Command.
- Virginia Tech: 9 a.m. May 16, speaker to be announced.
- Virginia Military Institute: 11 a.m. May 16, Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the joint chiefs of staff.
- Washington and Lee University: 10 a.m. May 22, university President Kenneth Ruscio.
- Hollins University: 10 a.m. May 25, 1984 alumna Ellen Goldsmith-Vein, owner and CEO of the Gotham Group talent agency.
Posted: Thursday, April 3, 2014 6:30 pm
Retired banker and civic leader Warner Dalhouse will be the featured speaker at the May 3 Roanoke College commencement.
Dalhouse is a Roanoke native and a member of the class of 1956. He retired in 1996 as chairman and chief executive officer of Dominion Bank, which was based in Roanoke and was the largest bank in Western Virginia. A series of mergers over the years changed the bank’s name from Dominion to First Union, Wachovia and, currently, Wells Fargo.
Contact Ralph Berrier Jr. at 981-3338 or email@example.com.
Thursday, April 3, 2014 6:30 pm.