Names, changes in Roanoke, New River valleys business
Please submit only color photographs. Other guidelines available at www.roanoke.com/namesandchanges
Sunday, August 11, 2013
- Dorsey Taylor, owner of LinDor Arts, has been elected as an advisory board member for the Eleanor D. Wilson Museum at Hollins University.
- Regina Rodwell-Bell has been named deputy director of development and marketing for the Taubman Museum of Art.
- John Gladchuk has been hired as director of corporate and foundation relations at Virginia Tech.
- Sarah Stein has been named assistant professor of accounting and information systems at Virginia Tech's Pamplin College of Business.
- Zheng Xiang has been named assistant professor of hospitality and tourism management at Virginia Tech's Pamplin College of Business.
- David Cox, professor of chemical engineering at Virginia Tech, has been selected as head of the department of chemical engineering.
- Dianne McGuire has been hired as mortgage loan originator at Franklin Community Bank N. A.
- Journey Clark has been named merchandising manager of S&W Market and Clare Humphreys has been named general manager of S&W Market and Cork & Crust.
- WDBJ-TV (Channel 7) has announced the following changes: Dan Dennison has been named features reporter and Kelly Zuber has been promoted to news director.
- Joseph Hoff has been promoted to executive director of Brandon Oaks and Lucas Snipes has been named administrator of Brandon Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- Mark Moding has been named accounts receivable and billing coordinator for McLeod Enterprises LLP.
- The Roanoke Regional Airport Commission announced its officers for 2013-14: Cynthia Lawrence, commission chairwoman, and William Gust, vice chairman. They join Dr. John Dooley, H. Odell Minnix and Bittle Porterfield as commissioners.
- Mistie Smith has been named support manager of Tech Squared Inc.
- Lynn Atkinson, sales representative with Humana MarketPOINT, has received the Soaring Eagle Award from the National Association of Health Underwriters.
- The American Red Cross' Roanoke Valley chapter named new officers for 2013-14: Tom Turner, chairman; Todd Morgan, first vice chairman; Jay Inge, treasurer; Susan Woodie-Williams, secretary. New board members are Ginger Bullington, Meg Carter, Lakricia Duncan, Les Keng, Eric Stelter and Scott Thomasson.
- Tim Mays has joined the sales staff at Berglund Ford-Mazda in Salem.
- Skyline Door and Hardware Inc. has announced the following promotions: Ty Cassell, showroom sales manager; Chris Kessler, contract sales manager; and Rich Light, end user sales manager.
Saturday, December 7, 2013