Roanoke, New River Valley business names and changes
Please submit only color photographs. Other guidelines available at www.roanoke.com/namesandchanges
Sunday, July 28, 2013
- Dr. Cyril Clarke has been named dean of the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine at Virginia Tech.
- The Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine has announced the following changes: Dr. Blaise Costa has joined as a pharmacology professor and Sheila Ballard has joined as clinical affairs administrative assistant.
- Steve McMullin has been named interim head of the department of fish and wildlife conservation at Virginia Tech.
- Patrick Murtaugh has been promoted to office managing partner for Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP's Roanoke office.
- Jennifer Kirschenman has been promoted to vice president of operations at National Bank.
- The Roanoke Law Foundation has announced the following appointments: Thomas Miller, chairman, Francis Casola and Joseph Mott, trustees.
- Roy Creasy has been named to the 2013 Virginia Super Lawyers listing.
- Michael Hastings of Whiteford, Taylor and Preston has been named to the 2013 Virginia Super Lawyers listing.
- Junior Achievement of Southwest Virginia announced its officers for the 2013-14 fiscal year: Bill Stone and Tony Morrison, co-chairs; Alisha Starkey, chairwoman-elect; Dean Lipscomb, secretary; John Register, treasurer; Michelle O'Connor and Theresa Womack, major fund drive co-chairs. O'Connor also joins Bill Board, Jeff Buchanan, John Carlin, Mandy Churchill, Don Halliwill, Erin Hyatt, Julie Kern and Mike Woolwine on the board of directors.
- United Way of Roanoke Valley has announced that Kristin Adkins has been promoted to community impact manager and Sandy Wierzbic has been hired as development associate.
- The Roanoke Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau named the following to its board of directors: Butch Craft, Tarah Holland, Ken Lanford, Charles Robbins, Doug Robison and John Williamson. The bureau also named Lee Wilhelm as chairman, Jeff Marks as vice chairman, Gary Walton as secretary, Carey Harveycutter as treasurer and Bart Wilner as past chairman.
- The Roanoke Symphony Orchestra announces newly elected board officers: Joseph Ferguson, president; Jim McAden, vice president; Lucas Thornton, secretary; Richard Garbee, treasurer. New board members include Rabbi Kathy Cohen, Ellie Hammer, Lorraine Lange, Lori Strauss, Katie Snyder and Rick Furr.
- Randall Daily has been named vice president of D'Ardenne Associates.
- Wendy Witt has been awarded the designation of certified residential specialist by the Council of Residential Specialists.
- Margaret Bernard has joined Bridges & Co.'s sales team.
- Jeff Wendell has joined First Team Auto Mall in sales.