Names and changes in the Roanoke and New River regional business communities
Please submit only color photographs. Other guidelines available at www.roanoke.com/namesandchanges
Sunday, July 21, 2013
- Ferrum College has announced the following new members of its board of trustees: Clay Campbell, Joey Cornwell, Ernestine Dunning, Olivia Hinton, Baxter Phillips, the Rev. Kathleen Overby Webster and Joyce Winston.
- Jim Fraser, professor of wildlife at Virginia Tech, received the 2013 Mitchell A. Byrd Award for outstanding scientific achievement in ornithology from the Virginia Ornithological Society.
- Lawrence Sewell, computer center lead engineer at Virginia Tech, was honored with the Governor's Award for Innovation.
- The Roanoke County School Board has named Linda Wright director of elementary education for Roanoke County Public Schools. In addition, Kathryn Foley has been named assistant principal at Glen Cove Elementary and Dana Stevens has been named assistant principal at W.E. Cundiff Elementary.
- S.D. Roberts Moore of Gentry Locke Rakes & Moore LLP has been named to the University of Richmond board of trustees.
- Roger Swartz has joined the Greystone Financial Group as financial adviser.
- Pamela Sowers has joined First Bank of Virginia as head teller.
- The Virginia Bankers Association named the following Southwest Virginia members to the 2013-14 board of directors: G. Lyn Hayth III, president and CEO of Bank of Botetourt; H. Watts Steger III, chairman, Bank of Botetourt; and Susan Still, president and CEO, HomeTown Bank.
- David Weaver of Weaver Law Firm PC has been named to the 2013 Super Lawyers list.
- Erin Ashwell, an attorney with Woods Rogers PLC, has received the President's Volunteer Service Award.
- WDBJ (Channel 7) announced the following additions to its staff: Lindsey Anderson, meteorologist; Brad Zahar, sports reporter; Cameron May, sales assistant, and Samantha Torre, digital account executive. In addition, WDBJ7 announced the following changes: Andy May has been named account executive, and Kim Sokolik has moved to programming and promotions.
- The Junior League of Roanoke Valley announced its 2013-14 board of directors: Macel Janoschka, president; Amy McArthur, president-elect; Kellie Jones, administrative vice president; Michelle Pendleton, recording secretary; Krista Engl, community vice president; Emily Fielder, membership vice president; Ginger Poole Avis, communications vice president; Alecia Nash, finance vice president; Summer Harper, nominating chair; Catherine Turner, fund-development vice president; Regina Carson, sustaining adviser.
- Blue Ridge Literacy has announced the officers for its board of directors for 2013-14: Gina French, president; Greg Feldmann and Margie Cundiff, vice presidents; Steve Turner, treasurer; and Jean Holzinger, secretary.
- Craig Coker has been elected to membership of the board of directors for the Virginia Recycling Association and was named treasurer of the association.
- The Blue Ridge Land Conservancy announced the following new members of its board of trustees: Quinn Graeff, Bill Hackworth, Anne Jennings and Betty Lesko.
- Phillip Molaro has joined SiteVision Inc. as senior Web developer.
- Robert Stutes has been appointed pastor of Mount Pleasant United Methodist Church.
Wednesday, December 11, 2013