Business promotions and recognitions: June 23, 2013
Compiled by Casey Richey; firstname.lastname@example.org, 981-3340.
Please submit only color photographs. Other guidelines available at www.roanoke.com/namesandchanges.
Sunday, June 23, 2013
- Neathawk Dubuque & Packett has hired two new associates in its Roanoke office: Tom Smigielski, account supervisor, and Caitlin Mitchell, creative coordinator.
- Dr. Erin Champagne has returned to the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine at Virginia Tech as an assistant professor of ophthalmology in the department of small animal clinical sciences.
- David Widder, professor of music in the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences at Virginia Tech, has been conferred the title of professor emeritus by the board of visitors.
- Thomas Inzana, professor of biomedical sciences and pathobiology in the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine at Virginia Tech, was recently reappointed the Tyler J. and Frances F. Young Chair in Bacteriology by the board of visitors.
- Michael Madigan, associate professor of engineering science and mechanics in the College of Engineering at Virginia Tech, was recently named the Kevin P. Granata Faculty Fellow by the board of visitors.
- Robert Parker, professor and head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering in the College of Engineering at Virginia Tech, was named the L.S. Randolph Professor in Mechanical Engineering by the board of visitors.
- Ronald Bradbury has been hired as the campus director of American National University’s Roanoke Valley campus.
- Donna Minnix with Valley Wealth Management Services, a division of Valley Bank, has been chosen to serve as a member of the Investment Centers of America Assistant Advisory Council.
- The Roanoke Bar Association has elected new officers: Stephen Lemon, president; Richard Maxwell, president-elect; Thomas Miller, past president; Joseph Mott, secretary/treasurer; and Heather Ferguson, Powell Leitch and Patrick Kenney, directors.
- Lawyers in Southwest Virginia recently were named to the Super Lawyers listing:
- Frith, Anderson and Peake PC: Linda Frith, Phillip Anderson, Walter Peake and Macel Janoschka.
- Spilman, Thomas & Battle PLLC: Paul Black, King Tower and Carrie Harris.
- LeClairRyan: Tara Branscom, William Callahan, Rebecca Conner, Douglas Densmore, James Hale, John Jessee, Paul Kuhnel, Powell Leitch, Clinton Morse, Kevin Oddo, Joseph Rainsbury, Brandy Rapp and Lori Thompson.
- Kent Greenawalt, chairman and CEO of Foot Levelers, has received an Honor Award from the World Federation of Chiropractic.
- Ellie Rigby has been hired as project manager at Building Specialists of Roanoke.
- Leanne Underwood has been promoted to assistant director for HoneyTree’s Oak Grove and McVitty centers.
- Dave Smith, assistant director of athletics for communications at Virginia Tech, recently received the Virginia Sports Information Directors Distinguished Service Award.
- The following have been sworn in as Court Appointed Special Advocates for the Roanoke Valley: Mike Agee, Anita Davis, Shawna Franklin, Donna Gilbert, Mike Hopkins, Lakeevia Sinkford, Angela Skirnski, Carla Terry, Lindsay Valentine and Tara Wickline.
Friday, December 13, 2013