Business promotions and recognitions: May 19, 2013
Compiled by DANIELLE DUNAWAY; email@example.com, 981-3340
Please submit only color photographs. Other guidelines available at http://www.roanoke.com/news/business/nameschanges/1631579-12/names--changes-submission-guidelines.html
Turn captions on
Sunday, May 19, 2013
- Brandi Surber has joined Access Advertising & Public Relations as an account executive.
- The National Academic Advising Association awarded two Virginia Tech faculty members with Outstanding Advising Awards: Andrew Becker, associate professor of ancient Greek, Latin and classical studies and associate chairman in the department of foreign languages and literatures in the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, was named winner of the Outstanding Advisor Award - Faculty Academic Advising, and Elaine Matuszek, associate director of academic advising and orientation in the University Academic Advising Center, received a Certificate of Merit of the Outstanding Advising Award - Primary Advising Role.
- Mike Pendleton of the Hollins branch of Edward Jones has earned the Chartered Life Underwriter professional designation from The American College
- Virginia Barton Jarrett has been promoted to senior vice president of investments at Davenport & Co
- Member One Federal Credit Union announced three new vice presidents: Sonya Cox of the Brookside branch, Chad King of the Salem branch and Jennifer White of the accounting department.
- NewRiver Bank in Christiansburg has announced the following staff changes: Milton Showalter was appointed business development officer and branch manager and Jennifer Litton has been promoted to assistant branch manager.
- Rob Dean of Frith & Ellerman Law Firm PC has been invited to join the Virginia State Bar Special Committee on the Technology and Practice of Law.
- United Way of Roanoke Valley announced that Lara Thompson has been promoted to director for workplace giving and Amy Petersen has been promoted to director of major gifts.
- Thomas Dingus, director of the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute, was honored by the White House as a Champion of Change.
- Terri Craig has been named general manager of Star City Skate Center.
- Michelle Dykstra has been named director of sales and marketing for the Roanoke City Market Building.
- The New River Valley Association of Realtors announced the following awards: Priscilla Morris, Long and Foster Real Estate, Blacksburg, Ethics in Action award; and Sheila Miles, Long and Foster Real Estate, Blacksburg, Good Neighbor Award 2012.
- John Hanighen has been appointed vice president of commercial marketing at Advance Auto Parts Inc.