Show off your holiday lights and you could win an iPad! Enter your photo by December 13. Winner will be selected by popular vote.
The fire, which was ruled accidental, caused about $50,000 in damage.
Friday, June 14, 2013
A home near Roanoke's Grandin Village sustained damage from an electrical fire early this morning.
Roanoke Fire-EMS crews responded to a fire in the 2200 block of Memorial Avenue about 5:15 a.m., according to a city news release.
The 25 firefighters who responded found a large two-story house with a fire in the attic. Flames were showing through the roof of the home, the release said. Two people inside the house escaped the blaze without injuries.
The release said the fire started on the upper level and attic of the house, and it was contained to that area.
The fire has been ruled accidental. The release said the home sustained about $50,000 in damage.
Weather JournalEarly mix, then ice storm Sunday